We should yearn for the Living Waters to come from us – we must pray for the Holy Spirit and His gifts.
Based on 1 Corinthians 12:4-11. There are 9 Gifts of the Holy Spirit, but hey are all given by the same Holy Spirit.
- The Word of Wisdom is the gift given out by the Holy Spirit, where we receive a part of the mind of God
- The Word of knowledge is a supernatural gift, where the Holy Spirit shares information with us – 2 Kings 6:9-12
- The Discernment of spirits is the supernatural perception, given by the Holy Spirit, which allows a believer to identify the motivating spirit behind an act.
- The Gift of diverse kinds of tongues, permits an individual to speak a different language without the previous knowledge of it. Usually the user does not maintain any knowledge of that language after they have had their manifestation.
- The Interpretation of tongues is a gift which allows believers to interpret the tongues which are spoken.
- Gift of prophecy – it must always glorify God and it must be based on the Scripture. If it is not based on Scripture, then it is not from God.
- The Gift of Healing is when the Holy Spirit allows a believer to supernaturally heal specific illnesses. The power to heal is not of the believer but it is of the Holy Spirit that is within the believer, and the Holy Spirit decides who and when to heal.
- Working of Miracles is the supernatural power, given by the Holy Spirit, to defy all human abilities or the common law of nature – it is imparted by the Spirit for specific cases.
- The Gift of Faith is when the Holy Spirit gives us a surge of confidence to affirm what God has confirmed.
The bible calls us to yearn for these Gifts of the Spirit:
“Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy.” –
1 Corithians 14:1